RELATED: 10 Statement Earrings Under $20
How To Pick The Perfect Women’s Watch
Women’s watches can be broken down into 3 basic categories:
- First, there are casual watches you can wear daily. They’re made from hardy, inexpensive materials like stainless steel.
- Next, you have your dress watches, which are crafted from high-quality materials like polished steel. Wear these to match a cocktail dress or a gown during special occasions.
- On the far end of the spectrum are luxury watches. They’re produced from premium minerals, like rose gold.
The material’s not all you have to think about – consider the movement, as well. A quartz movement timepiece is a battery-powered device that’s cost-effective and reliable. Meanwhile, a mechanical movement watch is an expertly crafted accessory that works without the help of an external power source. It’s challenging to make, which is why it’s reserved for luxury models.
Sports watches also exist for active ladies who love to break a sweat. They’re water and shock-resistant, perfect for tracking the time when you want to go out for a run. In recent years, tech brands have also released digital fitness trackers, which monitor a wearer’s heart rate and steps.
20 Best Watches For Women
When choosing a wristwatch, consider your style and the activities you’ll be doing while wearing it. To help you learn about your options, here are branded watches for women you’re guaranteed to love.
1. Palazzo Empire Barocco 39mm watch, $1933, Versace from Farfetch.
Look and feel as fierce as Medusa when you wear the Versace Black Palazzo Empire watch. This Greek-inspired ladies’ watch comes with a yellow-gold case and a deep black dial. You can also buy a matching timepiece for men.
2. G-Timeless watch, 27mm, $1670, Gucci from Farfetch.
Can you say sophisti-cute? This Yellow Gold G-Timeless Watch can. This ETA quartz movement timepiece features an adorable feline on the dial. The watch also comes with pretty icons that are exclusive to the Gucci brand.
3. Heure H 26MM Goldplated & Leather Strap Watch, $4403.76, Hermès from Saks Fifth Avenue.
Every lady should have a reliable everyday watch in her arsenal. The yellow-gold plated Heure H watch is perfect for this job. Feel free to change the strap on the Swiss-made quartz movement watch to match your outfit.
4. Marble Floral watch, $109, Olivia Burton from The Iconic.
Unleash your feminine side with the gorgeous Olivia Burton Marble Florals collection. The stainless steel watch is fitted with a veined marble dial littered with fresh blooms.
5. Sofie Heart Rate Smartwatch, $363.63, Michael Kors from catch.com.au.
Watches aren’t just for keeping track of time – they can track of your heart rate, too. Well, at least, the Michael Kors Access Sofie Heart Rate smartwatch can. That’s not all: the device can receive social media updates, text/email alerts and app notifications. This is a watch for the 21st century woman!
6. Apple Watch Series 6, $599, from The Good Guys.
Looking for a reliable sports watch? This Space Grey Aluminum Apple Watch is the one for the job. It has an always-on digital display, so you don’t need to move your wrist to tell the time. It also shows your workout metrics, so you’ll always know if you’re on track to get your dream bod. Wear it with a sport loop for maximum comfort.
7. Women's Taliah Watch, $109.98, Ted Baker from catch.com.au.
While watches these days boast of a ton of different features, the Ted Baker watch takes us back to the basics. This simple timepiece does away with the hour markers and only comes with gold-coloured watch hands to match its stainless steel case.
8. The Cushion Watch, $795, Marc Jacobs.
Sometimes, all you need is a simple gold-tone watch to complete your outfit. And the Marc Jacobs timepiece does that job exceptionally well.
9. Eclipse Pink Ladies Watch, $248.69, Hugo Boss from Kogan.
Nothing beats a classic round design – and that’s what you get when you choose the Hugo Boss Eclipse Pink Watch. The iconic quartz moment watch comes with a two-level dial, reminiscent of how an eclipse brings together two heavenly bodies.
10. Anita Women's Analogue Watch, $249, Skagen from The Iconic.
Want something different, yet stunning? Then the SKAGEN ladies’ watch is for you. It comes with an eye-catching, deep blue dial that’s sure to strike your fancy.
11. BBCandy, $160, Swatch from The Iconic.
Who says female watches should have a small case? The Swatch BBCandy says otherwise. If you’re looking for watches for girls you can give to someone with a bold and daring style, this is a perfect choice.
If you’re looking for a simple, understated piece that won’t fail you day after day, go for the Daniel Wellington Iconic Link. The stainless steel quartz movement watch is designed with a classic round bezel plus a signature twelve index dial.
13. The 12.12 White Silicone Ladies Watch, $159, Lacoste from Kogan.
Simplicity is one of the hallmarks of the Lacoste brand, and you’ll know why when you see the 12.12 watch. It comes with a solid white dial and basic gold hour markers. With durable silicone straps, the designer timepiece will be your best friend when you go out this summer.
14. Magical Unicorn watch, $64, Flik Flak from Myer.
Your search for affordable watches for girls should end with this unicorn timepiece by Swatch. This enchanted accessory helps kids tell time while adding a dash of magic in their lives.
15. Constellation Quartz 28mm, $29 700, Omega.
The Omega Constellation Quartz will have you thinking you’re looking at the stars. With a traditional yellow-gold case encrusted with a string of diamonds, there’s no doubt as to why.
16. BOY.FRIEND Tweed watch, $15 950, Chanel.
Add the perfect finishing touch to your look by accessorising with the Chanel BOY.FRIEND. Don’t be bothered by the strange name – it’s a nod to Coco Chanel’s obsession with masculine aesthetics. While most female watches typically have small cases, the BOY.FRIEND sports a radically large steel bezel. Blur the line between masculine and feminine style with this cool timepiece.
17. Carrera Quartz 36mm bracelet, $2950, Tag Heuer from Gregory's Jewellers.
Are you a lady who has an insatiable need for speed? Then the TAG Heuer Carrera series is your ideal match. Inspired by the Carrera Panamericana auto race, this is for women who are always on the go. The Swiss-made timepiece is made with fine-brushed polished steel, making it ideal for everyday wear.
18. Ballon Blanc Cartier Watch, $23 500, Cartier.
Aside from being a leading provider of fine jewellery, Cartier offers stylish watches for women. One of them is the Ballon Blanc. Its 18-karat rose gold case is set with smaller brilliant-cut diamonds, while a larger diamond sits at 4 o’clock.
19. Imperiale watch, $43 400, Chopard.
If elegance could tell time, it would do this in the form of the Chopard Imperiale. Crafted from 18-karat rose gold and fashioned with a diamond-set case, this luxury ladies’ watch is what dreams are made of.
20. Oyster Perpetual Women’s Watch, $7 150, Rolex.
An accessory from one of the top watch brands shouldn’t fail on you when you need it most. Thankfully, you don’t have to worry about that when you choose the Rolex Oyster Perpetual Watch. The self-winding, waterproof timepiece can stay underwater for an extended period.