Big Reds Triple Pack Plus Bonus
$105 (usually $145) from Wine Selectors
For the gift that has it all, this pack features three big, bold South Australian reds – including a Katnook Estate Shiraz, a Malbec from Petaluma and a McLaren Vale Cabernet – as well as a bonus Status Anxiety Lennen Wallet in a presentation tin, valued at $49.95.
- Bonus super-slim wallet with six card slots and a signature snap coin pouch
- Mixed reds from Australia multi-regional
Tempa Harvey Wine Set 6 Piece
$84.98 (usually $169.95) from Myer
Not just your average glassware; this set features modern hand-crafted wood, elevating a timeless range to a modern aesthetic. Featuring all drinkware essentials, every item in this set has been specifically designed to be on display and a statement piece in the home.
- Made from crystal/acacia
- Decanter fits up to 1600ml; glasses up to 450ml
Fine-dining with wine
$180 from The Meat & Wine Co
It’s right there in the name with The Meat Wine & Co, so surprise them with a delicious meal that they can pair with the perfect tipple from a selection of red wines, white wines and dessert wines from esteemed wine regions in Australia and around the globe.
- Available in Canberra, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney and Perth
- Curated wine menu to suit virtually every taste
Personalised Elegant Wine Glass
$75.99 from Hardtofind
Nothing beats seeing your name written in elegant cursive font on your items, so why not gift them a personalised elegant wine glass?
- Long stem and wide bowl with angled edges to help aerate the wine and focus the aromas
- Enter up to ten mixed-case characters
Homeries Marble Wine Chiller Bucket
$77.51 from Amazon
Perfect for the entertainer, this marble wine chiller can easily be carried around for picnics or outdoor events, and it looks much more stylish than a regular icebox.
- Made of 100 per cent smooth, solid, and durable marble
- Ensures that your wine stays chilled for hours
- Felt base to ensure that the chiller will leave no scratch marks on countertops
Red Wine & Nibbles Hamper
$99 from The Hamper Emporium
Every great wine should always be accompanied by delicious treats which is what makes this hamper a true all-rounder. It features a robust Mr Riggs McLaren Vale Shiraz and hand-selected snacks and nibbles to create the perfect gift.
- Presented in a black keepsake box, lined with luxury embossed paper
- Free delivery Australia-wide
Secret Bottle Wine Club
$79 from Secret Bottle
For a gift that keeps on giving, set them up with a wine subscription that will send them a secret selection of reds, whites or mixed every month (or second month, depending on your choice).
- Flexibility to cancel or pause anytime
- Three wines in either a red or white pack or six wines in the mixed pack
What Kind Of Wine Is Best For Gifts?
When choosing wine as a gift, you must factor in their preferences and the occasion that calls for what type of gift. Play it safe by choosing a wine you already know they like (red, white, or sparkling), and consider factors such as sweetness, occasion, and versatility. Tailoring it to their taste is key.
You can also opt for wines from specific regions, explore unique varietals, or go for personalised labels to make it extra special, and pay attention to presentation, vintage, and include accessories in the mix. Gift sets or wine baskets are particularly great for this.
What Goes Well With Wine As A Gift?
For a thoughtful and personalised gift, you can complement wine gifts with items like accessories (corkscrew, stoppers), elegant glasses and decanters, as well as food pairings such as chocolates and cheeses for a tasty touch.
You can also find food pairing cookbooks, wine charms, tasting notebooks, wine preservers, wine-themed art or decor, wine club subscriptions, and wine coolers.
Please remember to drink responsibly. If you or someone you know needs help, please call the National Alcohol and Other Drug hotline 1800 250 015 or call Lifeline on 13 11 14.