In a Facebook post this morning, customers were told to return the hot cross buns if they were packed on April 7 in exchange for a free refund.
WATCH: WHY FOOD IS RECALLED.
"All hot cross buns packed on 7th April 2019 are now being recalled due to the parts of a small calculator, possibly including a battery, being found in a batch of dough," the post read. "On behalf of store management, we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and assure you that the problem has now been rectified for all hot cross buns.
A recall notice from Food Safety ANZ listed the following products as affected:
* Choc Chip Hot Cross Buns 6 pack
* Cranberry and White Choc Hot Cross Buns 6 pack
* Hot Cross Buns 6 pack
* Hot Cross Buns Large Loose
* Hot Cross Buns Fruitless 6 pack
* Mini Hot Cross Buns 12 pack
* Mini Choc Chip Hot Cross Buns 12 pack
Health authorities have also issued a warning, letting customers know that the calculator contained a button battery which can be potentially harmful.