A spokeswoman for the Norfolk Police tells PEOPLE that arrangements were made on Friday to take a statement from Fairweather on Tuesday.
“In any collision investigation our priority is to ensure medical welfare is addressed in the first instance before taking any statement. We can confirm arrangements were made on Friday (18 January) to take a statement from the passenger involved in the collision. This will take place tomorrow (22 January),” the spokeswoman said in a statement. “Further contact was attempted on a number of occasions over the weekend but unfortunately these were not successful.”
She added, “Family liaison officers are not normally deployed for collisions of this nature. However, recognizing the level of public interest in this case we felt it appropriate to provide additional support. All family liaison officers give advice around handling media attention, and as part of this, it is made clear that it is a decision for the individual whether or not to speak to journalists.”
Fairweather, who had previously spoken out about how she hadn’t received an apology from Philip, also continued to dispute a witness’ claim that Philip claimed to have been “dazzled by the sun” before the crash.
“I don’t remember it being sunny that day. I would never want to put myself in a position where I would say that the Duke is not being honest. But I do not recall that that day was sunny. That’s all I can say. That’s not the day that I had. I had a day that we’d been complaining that morning that is was miserable and overcast,” she shared.
Fairweather was also asked what she thought about how on Saturday, two days after the crash, Philip was seen back behind the wheel in a replacement vehicle, driving without a seatbelt near the royal family’s Sandringham Estate.
“Very upset, because accidents do happen and there needs to be a period of reflection of what could be done differently to prevent the same thing happening again, and it’s just highly insensitive and inconsiderate towards me and everyone involved,” she shared.
However, Fairweather went on to share that she would “absolutely” be fine with Philip continuing to drive so long as he was cleared to do so.
Although a palace spokesperson had no comment on Philip driving without a seatbelt over the weekend, Norfolk Police told PEOPLE, “We are aware of the photograph.”
“Suitable words of advice has been given to the driver. This is in line with our standard response when being made aware of, or receiving such images showing this type of offense,” the authorities added.
Philip also received an eyesight test on Saturday morning, which he passed, according to a police spokesperson.
“We can confirm a Norfolk Police officer carried out an eyesight test on the morning of Saturday 19th of January with the driver of the Land Rover who successfully passed,” the spokesperson previously told PEOPLE. “The collision investigation is ongoing and no further details will be released at this time.”
On doctor’s advice, Philip visited the hospital on Friday morning for a “precautionary check-up.”
“His Royal Highness had no injuries of concern. The Duke has returned to Sandringham,” a palace spokesperson said.
The incident is currently being investigated.
“As is standard procedure with injury collisions, the incident will be investigated and any appropriate action taken,” police in Norfolk said. “We are aware of the public interest in this case, however, as with any other investigation it would be inappropriate to speculate on the causes of the collision until an investigation is carried out.”