The Masterchef judge is facing legal action over an alleged mass food poisoning at his flagship Melbourne restaurant, Hellenic Republic.
Approximately 90 people who dined at the establishment in Kew, claim to have been left feeling sick – suffering vomiting, diarrhoea and stomach cramps – after eating from a set menu on Mother's Day in 2014.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, one of the customers, David Schreuder has chosen to sue the restaurant and the Calombaris' Made Establishment group after consuming food that was believed to be contaminated with gastroenteritis by a staff member.
Schreder voiced that the restaurant was negligent for permitting the infected food to be served and is reportedly seeking damages in the County Court.
Made Establishment has since made a statement to Fairfax Media about the incident and claims that it was an "isolated" event.
"We worked with the Health Department, which identified an ill worker as the likely cause of the airborne virus," the group said in the statement.
This comes following Calombaris' assault charge, which he attained after the 38-year-old allegedly pushed a teenager at the A-League grand final in Sydney on May 7.
Calombaris has also been involved in some serious matters after it was reported that 162 of his staff members had been underpaid by $2.6 million even thought he'd received a warning from the Fair Work Ombudsman.