On June 14, former Hey Dad! Star Robert Hughes Hughes lost his appeal in the High Court of Australia, which means Hughes must serve a minimum six year jail term.
Following the hearing, fellow co-star and child actor Sarah Monahan has broken her silence while speaking to The Daily Telegraph via Facebook Live .
In 2010, Monahan revealed had been abused by Hughes on the set of the Australian show and now she tells the newspaper that she advises her abuser, “(Stay) in prison and do your time.”
“It’s been six years. Every time you’ve moved on, you get dragged back in, so it would be nice if it was just over,” she says.
“His time is almost half way up so then you’d have to go through a retrial and go through it all again and it can drag out for another how many years.”
Monahan, 40, revealed she had very little sympathy for Hughes following after reports that he had been attacked by other prisoner inmates who threw urine and human faeces on him while in protective custody at Goulburn jail.
“It’s not meant to be like Club Phuket, it’s prison,” she said, “it’s not meant to be summer camp and he’s in solitary.
“I think a lot of it may have also been, each time those stories came out, it was right before an appeal, like a week before, so I always wondered if it was a bit of a beat up.
In April 2014, Hughes was officially convicted of 10 child sex charges after he was found guilty of molesting four girls, including Monahan, between 1984 and 1990.
Watch the full interview below.