It confirmed that no cast or crew had tested positive for COVID-19, but that the decision was made due to the “increasing logistical hurdles related to the COVID-19 situation.”
A further statement revealed filming would be put on hold for two weeks" "Starting tonight HOME AND AWAY will not be broadcast for the next two weeks (currently scheduled to return Monday 6 April)."
The long running soap, which is one of Australia’s most successful exports, is the latest TV show to be struck by the effects of the pandemic, following Survivor Australia last week.
According to The Daily Telegraph, the network confirmed the postponement of Survivor, with a spokesperson telling the publication the show will be on hold until further notice.
“Following the Australian Government’s latest advice on overseas travel, plus discussions with the Fijian Government, production of the new season of Australian Survivor has been postponed,” the Network 10 spokesperson said.
“While this news is disappointing, the health and safety of everyone involved with the show is our number one priority.
“We will update everyone on when production will start as soon as we can,” the spokesperson said.