We've included the best tips below to help you get the most bang for your buck.
1. Always read the care label. If it says DRY CLEAN only don’t think you can get away with a delicate cycle.
2. An over crowded wardrobe will result in damaged items, so make sure you use slim hangers and keep track of what is going into your wardrobe.
3. Sort out your laundry according to care labels so that you don't accidentally throw in a silk blouse in your everyday wash.
4. Invest in good quality washing detergent and softener.
5. Silk garments should always be dry cleaned.
6. Avoid using the dryer as they rapidly wear down clothes, so either hang them inside or outdoors. Hanging them on hangers while they dry is also a great way to eliminate extra wrinkles.
7. Steamers are great for delicate pieces, avoiding damage and iron stains.
8. When ironing, use a light cloth between the iron and clothing.
9. Don't over wash clothing, sometimes they just need some fresh air and a steam.
10. Denim can last a while without washing, again just air them out and spot clean with a cloth.
11. Shoes with a thin sole should be re-soled right away after purchase as this will make them last longer.
12. Make sure to scotch guard all leather, suede and velvet (including shoes, bags and clothing).
13. Handbags should be stuffed so they maintain their shape.
14. Dust bags are great for storing bags and shoes and will keep them in their best condition.
15. Jewellery that isn’t gold or silver shouldn't be worn in water or when applying perfume as it will tarnish the jewellery. Gold, silver, diamond and stone jewellery can also be cleaned at home with ‘morning fresh’ and warm water, but it's advised to have them professionally cleaned so that the stones can also be checked.
16. When it comes to leather pieces, invest in a fabric conditioner to keep them feeling soft.
17. Leather bags, especially designer ones should be cleaned professionally. Ask the retailer you purchased the bag from for a recommendation, or alternatively, a shoe repairer will be able to help.