Boxing Day Sales are a highlight of the year if you love to shop and with Christmas just around the corner what, better way to get you all prepped for the post-holiday savings with some little tips to make navigating the bargain madness slightly less crazy.
1. Christmas Eve shopping is an alternative option to Boxing Day. You may not think it's an ideal time to shop, yet most stores will start to mark down all stock on Christmas Eve to have it ready for Boxing Day and most stores are dead quiet making it the perfect shopping experience.
2. Shop online - all online retailers will have a Boxing Day sale, which will start at midnight. So if you are super eager to nab a bargain, stay up late and get started right away!
3. If shopping online, double check shipping costs as they may change during the sale period.
4. Know your sizing so you don't have to waste time lining up for a change room. Pop in and try on anything you have your eye on a few days before if you are unsure.
5. A bargain isn't a bargain if it's something you don't actually need or want, so don't just buy something because its on sale. Treat it the same as if it were a full price item.
6. Check if the retailer offers exchanges or gives a refund on sale products as some shops may not on items that are heavily discounted.
7. Boxing Day sales are a great time to stock up on presents you may need through-out the following year. Think kids birthday parties, wedding presents, Valentine's Day, etc.
8. Furniture and electrics are great pieces to purchase on boxing day. It's best to look around for them beforehand, giving you the time to measure anything and have a think about what you might need, so that you can then simply purchase them on the day.
9. Remember that the 26th isn't the only day for boxing day sales most stores will have a sale for the week even longer so if your not in a high rush wait.
10. Don't get worked up if you miss out on something. Just try to enjoy the shopping process!