According to court documents obtained by Daily Mail, Hayne has 'unequivocally and vehemently' denied the claims that he raped a virgin after a drunken night out in the US.
While The Mercury News reported that Hayne engaged in nonconsensual sexual intercourse with “Ms. V” in December 2015, the documents reveal Hayne later took the woman to a home in an Uber and she passed out in the car 'due to her extreme level of intoxication'.
The civil case was officially filed in Santa Clara County on December 19. The Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office is said to have reviewed and rejected the criminal case for insufficient evidence in October last year.
The 28-year-old sportsman said he had previously provided 'all reasonable assistance' to police as soon as the woman contacted authorities back in May 2016.
"He unequivocally and vehemently denies the allegations which are the subject of the civil complaint," the player's Sydney lawyer, Ramy Qutami, said in a statement on December 20.
"'Mr Hayne will not be making any further comment in relation to this matter," Qutami confirmed.
Hayne is yet to mention anything about this case on his social media.