The more popular the skin care product gets, the more interest it drives. Mario Badescu, as a brand, has generated a lot of hype since its beginnings in New York in 1967.
The company follows the philosophy of "simple, effective, and genuine." With this motto Mario Badescu has created a quality skin care range with a wide following.
Mario's drying lotion is specifically used as an effective acne spot treatment. With quick-drying ingredients it is a good solution for the pesky problems that acne causes. By actively drying pimples overnight the spot solution receives rave reviews, and it's no wonder this product is known as one of Mario Badescu's best.
Popularity of the Drying Lotion
When it comes to bestsellers this drying lotion is right up there. As a top 100 seller Mario Badescu's spot treatment is a consistent choice. Customer reviews repeatedly confirm that you can see results after just one treatment.
It's reputably known for not drying out your skin, nor creating oily skin. Mario Badescu drying lotion is also popular with the celebrities. In fact, they love it so much that they often praise it on their own social media accounts.
Khloé once said on her website, "You guys haven't lived if you haven't tried Mario Badescu Drying Lotion!"
Australian beauty guru Go-To skincare founder Zoë Foster Blake has even described the drying lotion as "magic".
Overview of the Drying Lotion
Mario Badescu claims that the drying lotion is a fast-acting spot treatment. It specifically claims that it works overnight. The drying lotion dries out blemishes, prevents the spread of acne and balances skin oil. It is supposed to be safe and effective on all skin types.
Primarily it is designed for troubled complexions, with the drying lotion designed to reduce whiteheads and the formation of pimples. Some customer reviews indicate that they also notice a reduction in acne scars.
However, this is not the intent of the product, so don't expect miracles. The drying lotion is supposed to be suitable for dry skin, oily skin and sensitive skin types. It's gentle enough for your face or anywhere acne is on your body.
The ingredients in the lotion are carefully selected for the best result and include:
- salicylic acid: This ensures the lotion reaches into the skin to dry out the pimple from within. Making it better than a surface level exfoliation.
- Aqua (water): a self-explanatory component.
- Zinc oxide: assists with the oiliness of the skin and protects the skin.
- Calamine: provides an ingredient that is protective and soothing.
- Titanium dioxide: enhances the powdery feeling on your skin.
- Camphor: reduces the itchiness.
- Isopropyl alcohol: this is controversial ingredient, with some reviews reporting a stinging, burning or itching sensation. Since isopropyl alcohol can cause dryness and skin irritation, this could be the culprit. While this ingredient adds to the effectiveness of short-term spot treatments, there is an unanswered question over the potential negative impact of long-term use.
- Talc: This is another ingredient that is controversial as a result of the conflicting views surrounding whether it is a healthy product or not.
So, is there anything bad about the product? Most reviews state that the drying lotion helps stop itchy rashes. Others indicate an unpleasant dryness or even a burning sensation. The alcohol component means that the product has a distinct smell. This may make it difficult for some users. If you can bear the smell you get to reap the benefits. It is however, important to stay clear of sore, weeping or broken spots.
The company claims that it clears blemishes overnight, it isn't quite this simple. Although it is undeniable that it works and customers collectively assert that they begin to see results overnight, this doesn't mean that this product completely clears blemishes with just one use and repeated application is needed for full effect. Overall the Drying lotion is a very effective and useful product. However, since everyone has different skin types it's not a simple tick for all.
This is probably the most important thing to keep in mind when choosing the product. There are individuals whose skin reacts to the product. For some it just doesn't work as effectively. Of course, for others who see a less effective result, it could be a matter of incorrect application. This may be as simple as failing to cleanse before use or ignoring other components of their beauty regime.
Overall the drying lotion does exactly what the name suggests, it dries. This makes it an effective spot treatment. It also means it is important to add back the moisture to your skin as part of your overall skin care to avoid dryness and breaking skin.
Directions for Use
Mario Badescu Drying Lotion is made to be used overnight. It should form part of your bedtime routine when needed. After washing your face with a cleanser or cleansing gel, it's time to apply the lotion.
Try not to use serums or other creams before putting on the lotion. If you do, this will make it harder for the lotion to work through to the problem area. Direct application on clean skin will ensure the best results.
When you are ready to apply it simply slip a cotton swab into the bottom of the bottle. This involves reaching down past the layer of alcohol to the pink sediment. The pink substance should be dabbed directly onto any skin blemish. You do not rub it in. Be careful not to apply it to broken skin or the eye area. The solution will dry very quickly. This ensures it stays on overnight. Simply go to sleep and let it do its thing. In the morning you can easily rinse it off with water. You should immediately notice a reduction in your pimples.
To take proper care of the drying lotion you need to avoid shaking the bottle. That's because the active product sits at the bottom of the bottle. The alcohol above it should not be mixed in. If you do shake accidentally shake the bottle just leave it to settle. Let the bottle sit on an even, flat surface overnight. By morning the pink sediment and the alcohol should have settled into their layers.
Where to Get Mario Badescu Drying Lotion
In Australia you can order your Mario Badescu products through MECCA
Cost of the Drying Lotion
If you purchase the Drying lotion through MECCA it will cost you $26 for a 30ML bottle. While the bottle is small the fact that you only need tiny amounts for spot application means it will last you a significant amount of time.
For a complete skin and facial care routine consider the following Mario Badescu products:
- Mario Badescu Acne facial cleanser: For a cleansing exfoliation that deeply cleans your skin, add this cleanser before applying your drying lotion. Salicylic acid fights acne while aloe vera and chamomile soothe the skin.
- Mario Badescu Witch hazel and Rosewater toner: Perfect for using before applying the drying lotion, this toner removes surface impurities without stripping.
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray with aloe, herbs and rosewater: This gives a fragrant boost to dehydrated skin.
- Mario Badescu Whitening mask: This hydrating mask smooths uneven skin tones. It enhances the look of acne scars and skin discolouration.
- Mario Badescu Silver powder: When you want to add a blackhead treatment, this is the perfect companion. The rich minerals promote a healthy complexion while they unclog pores and absorb oils.
- Mario Badescu Vitamin C Serum: Finish off your facial care with this antioxidant that boosts collagen production. Your skin will reap the benefits of added moisture and elasticity.
- Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion: If you have deep, troublesome blemishes, this is the product to add. It is a sulphur-based product that ensures quick skin absorption to treat deep roots. Like the drying lotion, it is a spot treatment. It contains Allantoin, which soothes inflammation and promotes skin healing.
- Mario Badescu Hyaluronic eye cream: It offers an overnight glycolic eye cream, it can also be used under makeup to assist with smooth application. After all, what good is face care if your eyes look tired?
- Mario Badescu Seaweed night cream: For a cream that replenishes your skin without clogging your pores, this is your solution. It stimulates your skin to reduce problem build-ups.
Whether it's worth all the hype or not depends on your experience with the product, but for most people this product is worth every cent