Why Should You Get Mesotherapy?
What is mesotherapy? It’s a procedure that uses injections of vitamins, minerals, plant extracts, and other chemicals to rejuvenate your skin and remove excess fat from the body. It’s considered non-invasive since it doesn’t involve cutting the skin anywhere to get the treatment done like other skin rejuvenation surgeries.
But why do it? There are a handful of reasons why people get mesotherapy treatment:
- For hair loss: to encourage hair growth
- For cellulite: to help tighten the skin in areas around the buttocks and thighs
- For skin: to directly hydrate the skin
- For weight loss: to get rid of excess fat in the body
- For stretch marks: to recover after post-birth
- For face pigmentation: to lighten dark skin
Most mesotherapy reviews usually praise the low cost, maintenance, and aftercare required for getting the procedure done. It’s one of the fastest-growing alternatives to usual skin rejuvenation procedures, and more clinics around the world are starting to offer it as part of their services!
How Do You Get Mesotherapy Treatment?
So what exactly happens in a mesotherapy session? For treatments done in a clinic, you’re usually going to be pricked with micro-needles from a medical gun for an hour or so. They’ll inject a special mix of chemicals directly under your skin in the area required. The process is quick with little to no pain, and there’s almost no recovery time required.
But for people who are a little scared of needles, there are some home treatments for mesotherapy that they can buy online. These kits often ditch the needles in favour of podlets that you can steam into your skin or face – very convenient for people who don’t have time to go to a clinic.
Where Can I Get Mesotherapy In Australia?
Since mesotherapy is becoming wildly popular across the country, you shouldn’t have too much difficulty locating a clinic that’s offering it as part of its services. With that said, smaller cities like Perth or Newcastle might have limited options compared to that of big cities like Sydney or Melbourne.
Here are three places that we’ve picked out based on reviews:
These are some of the leading practitioners of mesotherapy in the country, staffed by clinical experts and physicians. They’re good places to start looking for treatments, as they also offer free consultations!
Are There Any Side Effects To Mesotherapy Products?
Since mesotherapy treatments differ depending on where you get them done, the side effects of undergoing the process may be a bit tricky to predict. But there are a couple of things you should look out for:
- Be wary of places saying things like “we use a unique blend to make the best mesotherapy cocktail”. Since all ingredients usually used by mesotherapists aren’t comprehensively regulated under one law, clinics that offer that kind of guarantee are likely to be a little sketchy.
- Swelling and itching. Unless you go for the home-treatment mesotherapy kits, the micro-needles used can leave your skin a little prickly or swollen for a little while.
- Allergic reactions. One of the most common issues that arise in mesotherapy before and afters are unexpected allergic reactions. Since the majority of mesotherapy formulas use plant extract and other materials, it’s important to consult with the clinic about possible ingredients that you may be allergic to.
Of course, it’s always important to get a professional opinion from your own doctor before scheduling your first mesotherapy session. If possible, have your doctor cross-reference the possible side effects of the treatment in order to get the best results.
Is Mesotherapy Effective?
The jury’s not completely decided on that. While there is proof that shows there can be some improvement when undergoing mesotherapy treatment, there hasn’t been much intensive study done yet. The best thing for you to do would be to carefully consider where you’re getting your treatment from and do your due diligence when it comes to research.