Michael Bublé‘s son Noah‘s cancer treatment is “progressing well,” a rep for the singer told WHO in a statement on Friday.
“We are so grateful to report that our son Noah has been progressing well during his treatment and the doctors are very optimistic about the future for our little boy,” the statement — which Bublé also shared on Facebook — continues. “He has been brave throughout and we continue to be inspired by his courage. We thank God for the strength he has given all of us.”
The 3-year-old son of Bublé and wife Luisana Lopilato was diagnosed with cancer late last year.
The good news comes after a seemingly difficult holiday season for the family, which also includes 1-year-old Elias. WHO confirmed in January that Bublé opted out of hosting February’s Brit awards to focus on his family.
The hosting gig is the second large appearance the Canadian singer canceled, to the understanding and well wishes from his fans and colleagues. Just days after revealing his son’s illness, Bublé pulled out of a December performance at the BBC Music Awards.
“We send Michael and his family our very best wishes,” BBC Music director Bob Shennan said at the time.
Following the announcement of Noah’s diagnosis, Bublé and Lopilato, 29, insisted they were keeping optimistic, and focusing on having faith and being together during the holidays and always.
“Luisana and I have put our careers on hold in order to devote all our time and attention to helping Noah get well. At this difficult time, we ask only for your prayers and respect for our privacy,” read a statement posted to the singer’s Facebook page.
“We have a long journey in front of us and hope that with the support of family, friends and fans around the world, we will win this battle, God willing.”
This article originally appeared on PEOPLE.com