The new father won “substantial damages” from a news agency that has apologized for taking aerial photos of the country home the newlyweds previously shared until their move to Windsor.
Buckingham Palace, where Harry and Meghan have their office, said in a short statement, that Harry “acknowledges and welcomes the formal apology from Splash News and Picture Agency as referenced in the Statement in Open Court today.”
The pictures were taken from a helicopter that hovered close to their former home in Oxfordshire in January and were published in The Timesand elsewhere. The low-altitude shots were said to have looked “into the living area and dining area of the home and directly into the bedroom,” the High Court heard in London on Thursday.
In a statement, made in the court by Harry’s lawyers, it was said the home — their private country bolthole — “had been chosen by the Duke for himself and his wife given the high level of privacy it afforded given its position in a secluded area surrounded by private farmland away from any areas to which photographers have access.”