Royal family members Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will fly to Australia in October 2018, their first international tour as a married couple, and now we finally have their itinerary and on what dates they will arrive in each location on tour.
Where are Prince Harry and Meghan Markle on their Australian tour?
Harry and Meghan touched down in Sydney on Monday October 15 just after 7am. They will have one day to themselves before their official royal tour duties begin.
The royal tour dates coincide with The Invictus Games, which run from October 20-27 in Sydney.
The couple will also travel to Dubbo, Melbourne and Fraser Island before heading to Fiji, Tonga and New Zealand. Here are all the dates:
- Tuesday, October 16: Sydney, Australia
- Wednesday, October 17: Dubbo, Australia
- Thursday, October 18: Melbourne, Australia
- Friday, October 19: Sydney, Australia
- Saturday, October 20: Sydney, Australia
- Sunday, October 21: Sydney, Australia
- Monday, October 22: Fraser Island, Australia
- Tuesday, October 23: Suva, Fiji
- Wednesday, October 24: Suva, Fiji
- Thursday, October 25: Nadi, Fiji and Nuku’alofa, Tonga
- Friday, October 26: Nuku’alofa, Tonga and Sydney, Australia
- Saturday, October 27: Sydney, Australia
- Sunday, October 28: Wellington, New Zealand
- Monday, October 29: Wellington and Abel Tasman, New Zealand
- Tuesday, October 30: Auckland, New Zealand
- Wednesday, October 31: Rotorua, New Zealand
What are Prince Harry and Meghan doing in Sydney?
Harry and Meghan will visit Sydney's Taronga Zoo on October 16 where they will meet two koalas and their joeys.
The couple will then take a boat ride across Sydney Harbour to the Sydney Opera House where they will watch a rehearsal of the Bangarra Dance Theatre's Spirit 2018 performance.
On Monday October 19, Harry and Meghan will meet local surfing group OneWave to raise awareness of mental health. Locals will have the chance to meet the couple.
Sydney Harbour Bridge
After their visit to Bondi beach, Harry will climb the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge to raise the Invictus Flag.
On Saturday 20th October, Harry and Meghan will travel by boat to attend the Invictus Games Sydney 2018 Jaguar Land Rover Driving Challenge on Cockatoo Island. That night they will attend the Invictus Games Sydney 2018 Opening Ceremony where Harry will give an address.
What will Harry and Meghan do in Dubbo?
After their first stint in Sydney, Harry and Meghan will fly 300km northwest to Dubbo. Her they will visit the Royal Flying Doctor Service to learn more about their role in rural areas.
They will then visit farmers struggling from the drought, before enjoying a picnic in Victoria Park where members of the public are invited to attend. Harry will give an address here.
In the afternoon, The Duke and Duchess will visit a local school working to improve the education outcomes of young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
What other countries are Harry and Meghan visiting on their tour?
As mentioned in the itinerary above, the royals will also visit New Zealand, Fiji and Tonga.
Where will Harry and Meghan stay in Sydney?
It's believed the $40 million waterfront Villa del Mare is a frontrunner to house the Duke and Duchess of Sussex while they are in Sydney for the 2018 Invictus Games from October 20-27.