“This will be my last year doing this program on the ABC,” he said about his exit from the popular morning drivetime slot.
“Why am I going? They haven’t said and I haven’t asked. Other things have been offered here but I think it’s better to make a clean break,” the 68-year-old continued.
“I shall miss [producers] Katrina Palmer and Ross Kavanagh, I can pretend that I’m doing this alone but I am not. They make me more interesting than I really am.
“And I shall miss you, dear listener. Thank you.”
This comes after a rough year, which saw the former Hey Hey It’s Saturday star, suffering a ‘“significant injury to his brain” after a fall in July.