- 2019 will see the debut of brand new Australian drama series The Hunt, which deals with cyber bullying, and supernatural thriller Hungry Ghosts.
- Upcoming international drama series include The New Pope, a sequel to The Young Pope that will star Sharon Stone, John Malkovich and Jude Law; a new retelling of The Name of the Rose with John Tuturro and Rupert Everett; crime series McMafia and Butterfly starring Anna Friel.
- New local documentaries include Christians Like Us, Medicine or Myth?, Australia in Colour and a series presented by Noni Hazlehurst with the working title My Family Secret.
- Michael Portillo is headed our way with Great Australian Railway Journeys, which will follow the format of his previous hit series.
- A local version of classic quiz Mastermind will air weeknightly at 6pm.
- The 7 Up series returns with its next offering, 63 Up, following the same group of people who have been filmed for decades.