Nine people, including three terrorists, are dead and more than 30 are injured after terrorists launched attacks on London Bridge and Borough Markets in London on Saturday night.
Three attackers careened a white van into pedestrians on London Bridge, in the heart of the British capital. The men — wearing stab proof vests — then pulled knives and got out at the crowded area of Borough Market and attacked victims on the street and at pubs, Scotland Yard has confirmed.
Armed police heroically responded within eight minutes and shot and killed all three men. The assailants were wearing what appeared to be fake explosive vests, Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley told reporters.
Metropolitan Police in London have confirmed that are responding to multiple incidents in London on Saturday evening.
Law enforcement official tells WHO that a car drove into a crowd of 15 to 20 people near London Bridge. The official added that there were reports of at least two casualties.
Witnesses on social media said that there were “bodies strewn over the pavement” after a van jumped the curb.
Police confirmed that they responded to a report of a “vehicle collision with pedestrians” at the bridge at 10:08 p.m. They also confirmed that officers responded and “shots have been fired.”
A video of the aftermath showed ambulances and police cars swarming around an intersection while someone yells, telling people to clear the area.
Another witness says a passerby told him that it was like “Westminster Bridge all over again.” On March 22, a British-born terrorist drove his car onto the pedestrian walkway at Westminster Bridge, killing four people and injuring 50.
WARNING: Some of these tweets feature strong language
Police also confirmed that they were responding to a report of a stabbing Borough Market near London Bridge. They also confirmed that they are responding to an incident at Vauxhall. It is unclear if the incidents are linked.
The incident occurred just 12 days after the UK was rocked by the deadly Manchester bombing after an Ariana Grande concert. The attack, which occurred just outside Manchester Arena as concertgoers — many of whom were children and teenagers — were leaving the show, left 22 dead and 116 injured. The bomber, identified by police as 22-year-old Salman Ramadan Abedi, was also killed in the bombing.
Press Secretary Sean Spicer confirmed that President Donald Trump had been briefed about the incident.
This is a developing story.
This story originally appeared on PEOPLE.com.