“But then I realised it was completely out of my control and it is what it is," she said.
"The COVID pandemic had affected people in some pretty devastating ways, so it was pretty simple to just remind myself that there are people and countries so much worse off than me and my situation."
All Star Caleb also reacted to the disappointing news that he was forced to pull out of his second time on the show, after previously competing in 2015.
"It was easy to quickly see that the heartbreaking news that I couldn't continue on the show is just part of a larger picture around the world where people are really suffering,” he said.
“To lose this opportunity is small in the grand scheme of things and I'm lucky to live in one of the safest parts of the world with regard to COVID."
As a result of Caleb and Ella’s departures, two eliminated artists were brought back to fill their places.
It wasn’t the only way The Voice was affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. International coaches Boy George and Kelly Rowland were also unable to travel back to Australia for filming.
Instead, Australian musicians Marcia Hines and The Veronicas were brought in to help out with face-to-face mentoring of their respective teams.
During performances, George and Kelly were beamed from screens that were placed in their usual spots on the iconic red spinning chairs.
The Voice airs Sunday 7pm and Monday 7.30pm on Channel Nine