1. “You Guys are actually really old”
Way to make a good first impression, Austin! Insulting the judges in the first 30 seconds of meeting them maybe isn’t the best way to get ahead in this competition? And yes, Pete might be twice your age, but he’s still only 46 (Manu is 45).
2. “It’s flavourless, I’m literally eating just solid matter”
Josh clearly wasn’t a fan of Stacey, 27, and Ash’s, 34 tuna tartare, which fared better with most of the other contestants - and also the judges! They said the couple were “off to a good start” with their very first entree.
3.”The wasabi mayo was a damp mess”
And the insults keep flying! Yep, Josh had more choice words about Stacey and Ash’s first attempt at wowing their guests, referring to their wasabi mayo (which, admittedly, was short on the wasabi) as “a damp mess.”
4. To everyone but Stacey and Ash: “Those guys are nicer than all you fake people”
Woah, you boys really aren’t making any friends tonight, huh? In the gap between entree and main, Josh and Austin got their fellow guests fired up when they said they’d vote for Stacey and Ash, “because they look nice.” As Lesley said - naughty, naughty boys!
5. “You guys are so sensitive. You should get cushioned walls and stuff”
Something tells us it takes a lot to raise Mick’s ire - but Austin managed to do it with this comment, prompting him to remark, “They appear to lack filters,” in what is surely the biggest understatement of this season.
6. “Honestly I think everyone is speaking a different language so I’ll just say this really slowly.”
Yeah, but maybe don’t say it again to Romel - he’s already had enough of your wise-cracking, Josh. “If. Josh. Speaks. Slowly. To. Me. Again. I’m. Going. To. Lose. My. S***,” he said. And, honestly, we’re there for that…
7. “These people are emotionally challenged and I don’t think they have a sense of humour’”
Just FYI boys, Amanda is most definitely NOT there for your fun and games. Side-eye on point!
8. “You just got to sometimes slow it down (for people.)”
“I think Josh and Austin, they’ve got the stick, and they are stirring the pot,” says Blake. Yep - we’re getting that vibe too.
9. “(Everyone got so offended) because they’re emotionally insecure”
“I sometimes feel guilty for making people so upset. But then I realise that it’s their problem they are so emotionally fragile,” says Josh, who might be the LEAST self-aware MKR contestant of all time. And that’s saying something!
10. “Jodie Anne – what are you wearing? At 50, that’s not a good look?”
Oh boys. Boys. Boys. Boys. We know you were home-schooled, but picking on what someone’s wearing? No - just, no. Also, we think Jodie-Anne looks super cute in her summer get-up, and not at all like she’s “off to Hooters,” as Austin so politely put it.
11. To Jodie and Mick: “We thought that you were a lesbian and that was your gay best friend”
These guys have actually been married for 17 years, so, urrrr....
12. To Ibby and Romel and Karito and Ian “We thought you both had mail order brides”
“My blood was boiling,” Karito admitted after hearing what Josh had said. And honestly - ours was too! Guys - time to try and stem the flow of that "word vomit!"
13. To the Andy and Ruby: “We thought Ruby was the sassy plastic chick with the friend you brought along to make yourself look prettier’
Did he just say that? Yes, Yes Josh did. And yes, he’s just bought himself a powerful enemy in this competition, and her name is Andy!
14. “A food blogger is just like saying you’re a youtuber. Anyone can be one”
OK, so we’re kind of onboard for this put-down - the proof will definitely be in the pudding when it comes time for Andy to host her Instant Restaurant. Is she all talk?