For the first time since the award's inception in 2002, Australian restaurants failed to make the top 50 list, which is judged by more than 1000 experts including chefs, food critics, publishers and restaurateurs.
The list of the restaurants numbered 51 to 120 showed Victorian fine dining establishment Brae, located at Birregurra, had dropped from 58 to 101, and Melbourne's award-winning Attica from 20 to 84.
Australian favourite, Sydney institution Quay, didn't make the list this year.
For those who book their travel based on where they want to eat, these are the top 10 best restaurants in the world:
1. Mirazur [Menton, France]
2. Noma [Copenhagen, Denmark]
3. Asador Etxebarri [Atxondo, Spain]
4. Gaggan [Bangkok, Thailand]
5. Geranium [Copenhagen, Denmark]
6. Central [Lima, Peru]
7. Mugaritz [San Sebastian, Spain]
8. Arpege [Paris, France]
9. Disfrutar [Barcelona, Spain]
10. Maido [Lima, Peru]