Yesterday at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Australia, Edwards and Co and Kevin.Murphy joined forces to create these romantic ponytails for the resort-inspired, Anna Quan show.
Recreate the look with this masterclass from Edwards and Co Head Stylists and MBFWA Co-Creative Hair Directors, Byron Turnbull and Jayde Turner-Ledwidge.
- Prep hair with Anti.Gravity and blow dry smooth.
- Part hair with a deep side part to the left.
- Section out the left hand side hairline and section away.
- Using a small tong take parallel sections along the hairline, curling small sections at a time, clipping each with pin curl clips.
- Spray on Session.Spray and let cool.
- Once the small curls have cooled down, brush out using a flat brush to create finger waves.
- Loosen the texture of the hair and push towards the back of the nape.
- Secure hair into a ponytail at the lowest point of the nape and secure with elastic.
- Fishtail braid the ponytail and secure with elastic.
- To complete the look, twist gold wire throughout the braided hair and around ponytail.