Hayley Bland, from southeast of Adelaide, was preparing lunch for her sons when she discovered the nail in a pre-packaged apples bought from a Woolworths store.
“The second apple I picked up, I noticed something hard on my fingers, and as I turned the apple around I noticed the nail,” she told 7 News.
“That could’ve easily been swallowed with him taking a bite of the apple.”
The case is very similar to one which broke yesterday, where a Sydney mum found a needle in an apple from a pre-packaged pack from Woolworths.
In a press conference held on Tuesday, Detective superintendent Danny Doherty form the robbery and serious crime squad state crime command urges consumers to take caution when eating fruit.
The detective superintendent confirmed that the fruit contamination offence carries a 10 year jail punishment.